Study Program: Balneo-Physio-Kinesiotherapy and Recovery
Studies degree: Bachelor
Duration: 3 years
Location: Arad, 86 L. Rebreanu St.
Teaching language: Romanian
Field of studies: Health
Placing this training in an academic framework provides the graduate with professional qualification and responsibilities in the spirit of the modern medicine with the possibility for further training, according to the Bologna Process.
The objectives of the academic study program are achieved by providing a proper theoretical and fundamental training, namely: practical skills according to a minimal level established for each subject, by practical stages, wards, and summer practice, comprised and credited each year in the education plan; combining the theoretical knowledge with the clinical practice, by actual techniques of patients’; care; acquiring some notions on the management of the healthcare services, of quality/ professional risk management, legal and/ or ethical aspects of the medical practice; acquiring knowledge of healthcare legislation: the role, the structure and the functions of the healthcare system; defining the role which the physio-kinesiotherapist has as promoter of the population’s healthcare, by understanding the influences which the lifestyle has on their needs for care; getting acquired with the respect towards the patient while adopting some appropriate standards culturally, ethically and professionally; by acquiring the social-humanist subjects: medical psychology, sociology, ethics and medical deontology.
The general didactic concept of the program aims for a balanced and coordinated training with clinical teaching so that the practical knowledge and experience are to be acquired properly in a manner which allows the graduates for a multidisciplinary approach and for an integrated understanding of the concept of recovery mainly addressed to the patients with various conditions.
After completing the training, the program guarantees for:
- The proper knowledge of the sciences which the physio-kinesiotherapist relies on;
- The proper knowledge of the professional deontology and legislation;
- The thorough knowledge of the biological functions, of the anatomy and physiology,
- the knowledge of the links between the state of health and the human’s physical and social environment and behavior ensuring for the acquisition of the required abilities
- the proper clinical experience, acquired under the guidance of qualified staff, in order to:
- Assess, put into practice, and monitor the procedures and techniques of physical therapy, kinetic, prophylactic and motor recovery assistance for the patients with post-traumatic and post-rheumatic or rheumatic, neurologic, cardiovascular and respiratory trauma,
- Assess, put into practice and monitor the procedures and techniques of electrotherapy, hydro thermotherapy and massage
- monitor the patients’ general anatomic-functional state and to deliver to the specialist physician the relevant information on the drafting and monitoring of the individual therapeutic plans based on programs of static and dynamic physical exercises according to the clinic diagnostic.
- Apply the programs of physical therapy and medical recovery in order to restore the reduced functions, to increase the functional level or to achieve some compensatory mechanisms,
- Know and comply with the rules of ethics and medical deontology,
- Apply the programs of communication both in relation with the patient and with other members from the recovery team.
- Develop the participation capacity in training the medical staff and in an experience of optimal cooperation with the rest of the staff, in performing activities of education in educational institutions for future physio-kinesiotherapists’ training, research activities
- Assesses the person’s or sports person’s anatomic and functional general state;
- Identifies the clinical signs of muscular-osseous-joints suffering;
- Performing the programs of kinesiotherapy adjusted to the pathology and appropriate to the objectives set by the physician, using basic knowledge in the field;
- Issuing and performing the individualized massage programs;
- Issuing and performing the programs of hydro-thermal therapy and of other specific methods in agreement with the pathology within the integrated program of recovering therapy;
- Performing the electrotherapy protocols established by the physician;
- Performing the required measurements and calculations in order to establish the functional diagnostic and its monitoring;
- Patient’s training in using the orthotics, the prosthetics and other devices for facilitating the daily and socio-professional activities;
- Programs of medical recovery on categories of conditions;
- Programs of additional therapy;
- Identifying the objectives to be achieved, the available resources, the terms for their completion, the work stages, the working timers, the attached deadlines and risks;
- Identifying the parts and responsibilities in a multidisciplinary team and the implementing of relation and efficient work techniques within the team and in relation with the patient;
- Efficient use of the informational sources and of the communications and assisted training resources (internet portals, specialized software applications, databases, online courses) both in Romanian and in an international language.