Study program: Medicine (in English)
Studies degree: Bachelor
Duration: 6 years
Location: Arad, 86 L. Rebreanu St.
Teaching language: English and Romanian
Field of studies: Health
The teaching activity for the study program in English involves considerable efforts of performing some courses in high level English. The teaching academic corps undertook this responsibility being aware that the University international development is mandatory for the ascending dynamics and for its prestige. Teaching medicine in a foreign language is a major challenge and, in the same time, it generates a particular professional satisfaction. In addition, the foreign students are encouraged to actively participate in the activity of scientific research, thus papers are drafted in the scientific clubs and later on they are presented each year at the Academic Days of Arad, in the special sections with teaching in foreign language. The most valuable students are included in the teams of the students’ clubs.
The Foreign Students’ Office has been established by the University namely to solve operatively their multiple issues on various administrative, didactic, social, cultural, sports aspects etc.
- The adequate knowledge on the sciences which the medicine relies on and good comprehension of the scientific methods, including of the principles for measuring the biological functions, the evaluation of the scientifically established data and their analysis;
- the proper knowledge on the structure, functions and behavior of the healthy persons, respectively of the sick ones, as well as the relations between the state of health and the social and physical environment of the human being;
- appropriate knowledge on the clinic subjects and practices providing a coherent image on the mental and physical conditions, of the medicine considering the prophylaxis, the diagnostic, the therapy and the human reproduction;
- Useful clinic experience in hospitals, under appropriate monitoring.
- C1. Identifying the state of sickness and establishing of the proper diagnostic of the condition(s)
- C2. Conception and implementation of a proper therapeutic plan for the identified condition(s)
- C3. Proper evaluation of the risk of sickness or of the framework for the occurrence of an individual/ collective sickness, followed by the choice and the putting into practice of the proper prophylactic measures
- C4. Approaching the issues of sickness/ health from the perspective of the community specificities, in direct relation with the social, economic and/ or cultural conditions, specific for that community
- C5. Initiating and running an activity of scientific and/ or training research in its field of expertise
- C6. Achieving with efficiency and efficacy the managerial tasks required by certain professional roles
- CT1. Identifying the objectives to achieve, the available resources, the terms for their completion, the stages of works, the timers, the deadlines for achieving them and the attached risks
- CT2. Identifying the roles and responsibilities in a multidisciplinary team and the application of techniques of relation and efficient work within the team and in relation with the patient
- CT3. The efficient use of the information sources and of the communication and assisted professional training resources (Internet portals, specialized application software, databases, online courses etc.) both in Romanian and in an international language