Study program: Medicine (in French)
Studies degree: Bachelor
Duration: 6 years
Location: Arad, 86 L. Rebreanu St.
Teaching language: French and Romanian
Field of studies: Health
The accreditation of a new study program – Medicine in French is an important achievement of the Faculty of Medicine. This study program is supported by a modernized infrastructure, covering both the need for education areas, the technical resources of European level, the library, and also the facilities designed for cultural and social activities. The medical staff’s noble and responsible mission, delivered at high professional and human standards, defines its entire activity and the undertaken objectives in time. The Faculty of Medicine states its belonging to the francophone area by the organization of the “PATHOLOGIES ET PHARMACOLOGIE MOLECULAIRES. BIOTECHNOLOGIES” Francophone Summer Schools starting with 2005. The francophone summer school is organized each year together with the University of Science and Technology of Lille, France, under the patronage of the Academy of Sciences of Paris and of the Romanian Academy. At this summer school, the francophone students, teaching staff and researchers have the opportunity to enrich their scientific knowledge together with renowned professors and researchers from various prestigious universities and research institutes from France. The Faculty of Medicine attends each year at the meetings of the Deans’ Association of the Faculties of Romania (ADFMR), being partner of CIDMEF (Conférence Internationale des Doyens et des Facultés de Médecine d’Expression Française).
- The adequate knowledge on the sciences which the medicine relies on and good comprehension of the scientific methods, including of the principles for measuring the biological functions, the evaluation of the scientifically established data and their analysis;
- the proper knowledge on the structure, functions and behavior of the healthy persons, respectively of the sick ones, as well as the relations between the state of health and the social and physical environment of the human being;
- appropriate knowledge on the clinic subjects and practices providing a coherent image on the mental and physical conditions, of the medicine considering the prophylaxis, the diagnostic, the therapy and the human reproduction;
- Useful clinic experience in hospitals, under appropriate monitoring.
- C1. Identifying the state of sickness and establishing of the proper diagnostic of the condition(s)
- C2. Conception and implementation of a proper therapeutic plan for the identified condition(s)
- C3. Proper evaluation of the risk of sickness or of the framework for the occurrence of an individual/ collective sickness, followed by the choice and the putting into practice of the proper prophylactic measures
- C4. Approaching the issues of sickness/ health from the perspective of the community specificities, in direct relation with the social, economic and/ or cultural conditions, specific for that community
- C5. Initiating and running an activity of scientific and/ or training research in its field of expertise
- C6. Achieving with efficiency and efficacy the managerial tasks required by certain professional roles
- CT1. Identifying the objectives to achieve, the available resources, the terms for their completion, the stages of works, the timers, the deadlines for achieving them and the attached risks
- CT2. Identifying the roles and responsibilities in a multidisciplinary team and the application of techniques of relation and efficient work within the team and in relation with the patient
- CT3. The efficient use of the information sources and of the communication and assisted professional training resources (Internet portals, specialized application software, databases, online courses etc.) both in Romanian and in an international language